Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Kissing Hand "Wild about Books Wednesday"

First things first...If you haven’t entered the rafflecopter... go do it! It’s FREE and today is the last day to enter! Just scroll down to the bottom of this post. I’ll announce the lucky winner on Friday!!

Today I am linking up with Scarlett over at Speech is Sweet for “Wild about Books Wednesday!” 


I’m sure I’m not the only one here who LOVES books! Right down the street from my house we have a fantastic, huge used book store!!! I ran down there this weekend and racked up!!! 20 books for 19 dollars!!!


I found “The Kissing Hand” by Audrey Penn for 90 cents!!! Perfect back to school book!!! Of course, once I brought my new finds home, I had to start planning my themes and books for the school year. See, I already have August planned!!! (I made my own planner this year. Scroll down to previous posts to read more about it or click the image to see it in my TPT store.)

August is going to be “The Kissing Hand”!!! The perfect book for heading back to school! To keep me organized and keep my kiddos engaged, I made “The Kissing Hand: Book Companion”. I have included a full color and a less color version (almost black and white) so you can decide which one you want to use. (Click on the Cover Page below to see it in my TPT store.)










I don’t know about you, but a lot of my kiddos work on similar skills. oh...there are a lot of skills we work on. I decided to base the book companion on some of the most common goals I see. Do you have different skills you like to address?



When it comes to a book, I want to find a way to use the same book regardless of grade and ability levels. Change/adapt the activities but keep the book the same!; Makes my like sooooooo much easier!!!

Let’s face it, we all have kids who struggle with vocabulary. So here’s Tier 1 and Tier 2 vocabulary! 












We all have kids who struggle with comprehension. So here are “wh” questions with fun QR codes and yes/no questions. 












Some of my kids understand same and different and need something more difficult while others are working on simple same and different. 












My older kids don’t care about positional concepts, but they need to work on describing and/or comparing and contrasting. 












Hope you enjoyed seeing my thought process on this book companion and seeing how I plan to address these skills!

See you in the Store!
The Speech Owl 
Rafflecopter link: a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Wow, that is an amazing haul! I would be in that store daily haha

    Love all your ideas and how you cover a variety of age ranges with this book companion. Super useful!
    ~Scarlett at Speech Is Sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting this fun linky party every week!

      Delete