Saturday, August 9, 2014

My thoughts on the year...so far!

Did anyone else complete their first week back at school?!?! We MADE IT!!! Trying to get caseloads, create data sheets, fill in attendance sheets, talk to all of the teachers, figure out which kids didn’t show up, organize the room/closet/portable, oh wait...someone has an IEP due next week...ok, no problem, let me get right on scheduling that, oh and I need to at least meet the kid and get some baseline data....and the list goes on! Good news is, it gets BETTER!!! I’m starting my 9th year in schools so I know this simple truth! Breathe, say a little prayer and keep it together!  

I am really excited about A LOT of things this year! I can’t wait to start collaborating with some new teacher. I can’t wait to spend time with some of the most AMAZING kids I’ve ever met. I can’t wait to create new materials (don’t worry they will make it into my TPT store...eventually). I can’t wait to try new things with these kids. I can’t wait to get the sweetest hugs. I can’t wait to be there to wipe away some little tears. I can’t wait to love these kiddos. I can’t wait to teach them new skills. I can’t wait to make a difference in their lives! I can’t wait to see the difference they make in my life!

See you soon (...once life is back to normal),

The Speech Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment