Sunday, September 28, 2014

Print and Go Articulation Homework

Homework, homework, homework! Between tests and homework our kiddos have little time to do anything other than school and school work! This is one of the many reasons I’m not real big on sending home speech homework. If it is requested, great, I’ll send it, but so many of the parents and kids just don’t do it. This year, I have had a few parents request homework. What kind of homework should I send? In the past, I have copied a few pages from an artic book and sent them home...boring...I don’t want to do that this year. I want my kids to have fun with their homework! I started searching teacherspayteachers to find just the right homework packet...but I couldn’t find what I was looking for, so...I made my own! I started with “th”, “sh” and “ch” because those are target sounds for a student requesting homework. I’m working on some other targets too. Those will be coming out as I finish working on them. 



Here is what I came up with... (Click on the graphic to go see it in my TPT store.)
  
  Each sound is further divided into specific work for the initial positions, medial position and final position. There are also pages with directions for practice at the word level and practice at the sentence level. 

There are 4 main activities in the packet...
1) Say and Color: The student either says each word 5 times or creates sentences about the target words. After they say the target word or sentence they get to color the graphics. 
2) Can you crack the code?: The student has to unscramble the words using the letters provided and a clue to crack the code and find out their secret target word. (word and sentence level)
3) Searching for clues: The student and their parents can search the house and community for words containing their target sound. (word and sentence level)
4) Word search: The students complete the word search by finding and circling the provided target words. (word and sentence level)

Keep an eye out ... there will be more homework packets coming out! 


See you in the store!
The Speech Owl




3 comments:

  1. These are great and just what I am looking for! Please add K, L and R!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenni! I am working on /r/ and /r/ blends right now and I hope to have them up in my TPT store by the end of the weekend! /s/ and /s/ blends and /l/ and /l/ blends are next! I will try to do /k/ as soon as I can! I will post on Facebook when the next one goes up! You can click the links on the right to like my Facebook page or follow my TPT store!

      Delete
  2. Are these still available? When I clicked on the link, it took me to a different activity in your store.

    ReplyDelete