Friday, October 17, 2014

Five For Friday

It’s Friday, Friday, Friday!!!!!! This week I’m linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for their “Five for Friday” linky party. 
Here are five random and fun things from my week...
It’s FALL and it finally feels like it!!! If you know me, you know how much I love a good, soft, cuddly hoodie! Since the days are getting cooler and the nights are getting cold...I get to wear some of my favorite hoodies!!!! Are you as excited about this as I am?!?!?! This is one of my favs from 3elove!
It isn't the best picture, but, oh well....
Columbus Day meant no school for me (of course this was preceded by a week long fall break)! Monday was a nasty, stormy day so I spent all afternoon at the coffee shop working on a new TPT product, drinking some delicious local coffee and catching up on the study my women’s small group is doing!
Doesn't this look relaxing!!!!
Look who came to visit our therapy sessions this week!!! The kiddos and I are having a blast with her! If you want to take a peek at my book companion click here (The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything: A Book Companion For Language).
If you want to see how we are using this book in therapy click HERE!
i just love her!!!!!
Every week we have a SLP and OT group in our upper elementary LifeSkills classroom. This week they are learning about leaves! The hardest part of providing group to this class (but, why I LOVE it) is the wide range of ability levels...some are working on comprehension and language and others are working on object to object matching. I had a hard time finding a book that was going to meet my needs so...I made my own! (I love to make my own books so it covers what I want it to cover!) Here is a glimpse at our book... 
After we finished this activity the kids completed leaf rubbings for the OT piece! 
On Thursday, during one of my 3rd grade groups, we had a very special visitor! One of our teachers owns a ton of exotic animals including some from South America. Since the third graders are learning about South America, she brought in a chinchilla and a tangue (no clue how to spell that). I was able to stay for the presentation and sit with one of my students (at his request) working on fluency! Together, we whispered, (so we didn’t get in trouble) about the animals. We talked about herbivores, omnivores and carnivores, characteristics of the animal families and other neat facts! I loved the functionality of this surprise presentation! 
And there you have it...my week at a glance!!! How did you spend your week?!

See you soon!


The Speech Owl

2 comments:

  1. The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything is one of my favorites to read!! I am sure the kids loved seeing the animals!! How fun!!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They absolutely loved every minute of the chinchilla, they were't all fans of the tangue, though

      Delete